Preparing your presentation?
Communicating your results is a critical part of the research experience.
Upcoming symposia, conferences, & meetings:
- Visible Thinking - April 19, 2018- Duke's Showcase of Student Research
- ACC Meeting of the Minds, Date TBA, Duke University
- Psychology VIP Program Final Symposium - July
- Neuroscience Program of Research Final Symposium - July 29
- Biological Sciences Research Fellows, Huang Fellows Final Symposium - Aug 5
- SNCURCS, the State of North Carolina Undergraduate Research and Creativity Symposium - November 5th, 2016, NCCU
- Summer Research Information Session - December 5
- 2018 Stanford Research Conference - April 13-15, 2018 at Stanford University
- Sixth UAE Undergraduate Research Competition - April 30, 2018, Abu Dhabi University
Opportunities to participate in research:
The CaREFREE Study Calorie Restriction, Environment, and Fitness: Reproductive Effects Evaluation
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences has a study that is targeting healthy women ages 18-28. This research will help explain how diet and exercise affect the menstrual cycle and infertility.
Want to publish research?:
- Have an idea about something you want to research and write about? OR have you already completed a project pertaining to Global Health, via Bass Connections, Student Research Training Program, DukeEngage, independent work or other summer experiences? Propose an original topic to be included in The Duke Student Global Health Review, Duke's premier undergraduate global health publication!
- If your proposal is selected, we will work with you through the writing and publication process. To submit a proposal, please write a 150-200 word description of the issue you want to explore and send it to email@example.com. The article selection process is ROLLING SELECTION, so that the sooner your article is proposed to us and edited, the sooner it will published in the Duke Student Health Review!
- Please send any submissions and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editable format (Microsoft word preferred)
Currently we are only accepting pitches for original content ideas, or summaries of existing papers you have written that haven’t been published elsewhere.
If you’re interested in being involved with Duke Student Global Health Review in the future, either as an editor or future contributor, email@example.com with your NetID in the subject line.
Please join our Facebook group @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/dursociety/
Travel grant funding to attend conferences:
- URS Travel Grants
- Contact your mentor