Duke has partnered with CITI (the Collaborative Institutional Training Institute) to provide online training in the Responsible Conduct of Research.
Instructions for completing the CITI RCR Tutorial
- Go to: www.citiprogram.org
Register as a new user:
- Click on “Create an account” [Register]
- Select your Organizational Affiliation:
- Search for “Duke”
- Select “Duke Student RCR”
- Continue to Step 2. Enter your personal info.
- Continue to Step 3. Enter your security info.
- Continue to Step 4. Enter your demographic info.
- Continue to Step 5. Check “No” for CEU credit
- Continue to Step 6. Enter your Duke info.
- Department = the department where you are working
- Role = “Student Researcher”
- Continue to Step 7. Ignore the Office of Research Support warnings!
- Check the most relevant course for you: Social & Behavioral, Physical Science, Engineers, Arts & Humanities, Biomedical
- Click “Finalize registration”
- Once you have registered click: “Duke Student RCR Courses”. Agree to the conditions.
- Take the first “Research Misconduct” module & quiz. Retake the quiz as many times as you need in order to earn a Completion Report.
- If you like, you can take a look at the other modules, which include “Authorship”, “Mentoring”, and “Collaborative Research”