Visible Thinking 2021 will take place in a virtual format on Tuesday, April 20, 2021 from 9:00AM - 1:00PM, EDT (Local time in Durham, NC).
Duke's Visible Thinking is an annual event that celebrates the achievements of undergraduate researchers and explores their original scholarship in the humanities, the natural sciences and engineering, and the social sciences. Visible Thinking is open to Duke undergraduates. All students who receive support from the URS office are expected to present at Visible Thinking.
To join us for Visible Thinking, attendees must register via AirMeet. Only those with netID@duke.edu email addresses will be able to register out of an abundance of caution to protect intellectual property. You'll be required to register with your netID@duke.edu email address, and then you'll be sent a link to join the event once you undergo the quick registration process on the day of the event.
Information for Attendees
How will Visible Thinking work this year?
Visible Thinking 2021 will be held on a platform called AirMeet. AirMeet offers “tables” of up to 8, that visitors to the platform can join or leave at their leisure. Our students will each be hosting a "table" during hour long time slots. During this time, they'll be sharing their research posters and be available for questions. We hope that this type of platform will foster what we think the best part of poster presentations are, the casual drop by and listen and/or ask questions part! Attendees can drop in and visit as they come through the symposium at any time between 9:00AM - 1:00PM EDT.
Who can attend Visible Thinking?
Attendees are limited to those with Duke email addresses (netID@duke.edu) in an effort to protect the intellectual property of the students and mentors. We encourage you to attend, even if only for 5-10 minutes to see the incredible research Duke undergraduates have been working on in the past year.
Is there a schedule that shows when certain students are presenting?
You can find the schedule here: 2021 Visible Thinking Schedule
Resources for Presenters
- As you prepare for the Visual Thinking event, review our resources listing for presentations.
- See also specific advice for preparing posters.
- Only people with a Duke email address will be able to attend the event to protect your intellectual property (and your mentor’s too!)
- We’ll be offering a number of practice sessions the week before so that you can log into AirMeet and get a feel for how things work. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity.
- Linked here are some tips and tricks for setting up your poster.
- Need help with AirMeet? Visit help.airmeet.com
- Having trouble with screen share? Go here.
Previous Visible Thinking Presentations
Each April, over 100 Duke students in many disciplines present their work at Visible Thinking.
View past abstract books below:
- 2020 Visible Thinking Abstract Book
- 2019 Visible Thinking Abstract Book
- 2018 Visible Thinking Abstract Book
- 2017 Visible Thinking Abstract Book
- 2016 Visible Thinking Abstract Book
- 2015 Visible Thinking Abstract Book
- 2014 Visible Thinking Abstract Book
- 2013 Visible Thinking Abstract Book
- 2012 Visible Thinking Abstract Book
- 2011 Visible Thinking Abstract Book